There’s a lot of talk around town about Bus Rapid Transit. Check out this video on how well it’s done in Guangzhou, China. They actually incorporate a bike share into the BRT system
Week’s Quick Poll
- Last week, 84% (125 Votes) of you never rode a bike naked, while only 16% (24 votes) had.
- This week, we want to know how many bikes you own. Go to the front page of the site to vote.
BikePGH Messageboard Thread of the Week
- The City of Pittsburgh is moving ahead with the energy efficient LED street light program.
- While Ross Township Commissioner Chris Rand Eyster, questions their police department’s decision to purchase two bicycles for community engagement work because “There’s really no space to ride a bicycle legally, so what effect can it have?”
- The Empire State Building opens a bike storage room for tenants
- Will there ever be accident insurance for bicyclists that isn’t tied to a car insurance plan?
- Councilman Bill Peduto is pushing for a public park on the “the largest, highest flat space on top of any building on earth” – The US Steel Building
- Pittsburgh becomes a Megabus hub with service to 9 new cities: Akron, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Detroit, Buffalo, Erie and Toronto.
- As Pittsburgh goes through huge planning initiatives, here’s a lesson from Houston on what not to do
Not a member of BikePGH? Join today! We need you to add your voice! Bike Pittsburgh works to protect cyclist’s rights and promote the vision of making Pittsburgh a safer and more enjoyable place to live and to ride. For more info, check out: www.bike-pgh.org/membership