- PennDOT Sec, Barry Schoch says that despite Congress doing away with a requirement that 3 percent of federal transportation funding be spent on “enhancements” including bike and pedestrian trails, Pennsylvania will not cut funding of those items. “Bicycles are an important part of transportation and recreation.”
- Local police give students free bicycles in exchange for writing an essay about doing something nice
- Pittsburgh among the 25 cities ranked for the newly launched Bikescore. We didn’t do so hot.
- The Atlantic highlights the year’s nastiest car vs biker videos
- The Washington Post talks with Transportation Sec. Ray LaHood about his influence on the Department
Not a member of BikePGH? Join today! We need you to add your voice! Bike Pittsburgh works to protect cyclist’s rights and promote the vision of making Pittsburgh a safer and more enjoyable place to live and to ride. For more info, check out: www.bike-pgh.org/membership