It’s that time of year again! Fall decorations are out in full force, the leaves are changing colors, and you’re thinking of a costume that’s both witty and bike-friendly for Halloween. Stuck in an idea rut? Here are a few tips and tricks as well as outfit inspiration to get your gears in motion.
Costume Do’s & Don’ts
- Don’t be a ninja – bring your bike lights so you’re visible to drivers after dark.
- Make sure your robe, cape, tassels, and whatever else you’re wearing won’t get caught in your bike chain. Most drugstores sell safety pins and velcro tabs that you can use to secure these.
- Leave room for a helmet, or better yet, incorporate one into your costume! If Marvin the Martian can pull that look off, so can you.
CELEBRATE ON TWO WHEELS
Get your squad together and saddle up for these Halloween-themed rides:
- Thursday, Oct. 27th: Pittsburgh Underwear Ride
- Friday, Oct. 28th: Bike or Treat Scavenger Hunt
- Friday, Oct. 28th: The Wheel Mill Halloween Session
- Friday, Oct. 28th: 412 Flock Halloween Ride
- Saturday, Oct. 29th: Shulz Cycles Halloween Dirt Bike Ride
SHARE YOUR COSTUME
Have a rad costume planned? Use the the hashtag #SpookySpokes when posting photos on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or post your outfit on the BikePGH Message Board!
Sign up for Bike Pittsburgh’s newsletter, The Messenger, to get the latest news on events, bike and pedestrian infrastructure, and fun, delivered straight to your inbox. Twice monthly emails, no spam.