Seeking Outreach Associates to join our Spring/Summer Outreach Team
Organization: Bike Pittsburgh
Title: Outreach Associate
Job Type: Part Time, Seasonal, Temporary, Benefits Ineligible
Job Timeline: 4/15/2017 – 8/31/2017, specific dates TBD
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Reports to: Membership & Outreach Manager
Join our Outreach Team! BikePGH is hiring part-time, seasonal, temporary help for our spring and summer outreach events. Every year we aim to connect with people during a variety of community events to provide educational materials and to pique interest in biking and walking in Pittsburgh. Outreach Associates are one of BikePGH’s most important elements as we strive to expand the biking and walking movement in our city by creating an in-person organizational presence.
We are seeking friendly faces to talk with the public about biking and walking in Pittsburgh, share information about the organization and our events, and encourage BikePGH membership. Outreach Associates will also help us prepare, set up, and do outreach at major events such as OpenStreetsPGH and PedalPGH.
Job responsibilities include: distributing BikePGH’s educational materials, asking people to join BikePGH as a member, communicating the value and benefits of BikePGH membership, communication of BikePGH’s programming and events, physical set-up and operations of bike valets and other tabling events, directing bike valet volunteers, and reporting on event to BikePGH’s Membership & Outreach Manager.
- BikePGH representation at outreach events
- In-person membership asks
- Staffing of outreach events including (but not limited to): tabling, bike valet, membership sales, and merchandise sales
- Great customer service skills. Being comfortable talking to people is a must, and we’ll provide you with the resources you will need to answer peoples’ questions
- Sales – Comfort in asking people to become a member/donate
- A passion for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy
- Enjoyment of free live music
- Willingness to be outside rain or shine
- Effective communication skills
- Quick problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly provide instruction to others, such as volunteers
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Varied activities including: sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 20lbs, pushing/pulling, walking
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to set up table, chairs, tents
- Reliable transportation to and from events
- Availability on evenings and weekends
To apply for this seasonal position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions you may contact Jane Kaminski, Membership & Outreach Manager, at 412-325-4334.