Why should I volunteer with BikePGH?
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people while advocating for better biking & walking! Much of our advocacy work and community events like OpenStreetsPGH and PedalPGH wouldn’t be possible without the support of volunteers.
Where can I sign up for volunteer opportunities?
Subscribe to BikePGH’s monthly Volunteer Newsletter to stay in the loop about upcoming events and opportunities.
Who should I contact if I want to design / take photos for BikePGH?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your skills and 4 examples of your best work.
What is the minimum age to volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old by the date of their volunteer shift. Those younger than 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Where is your office?
188 43rd St. #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Do I need to attend a volunteer orientation?
There is no formal orientation for BikePGH volunteers! Once you sign up for a volunteer shift, you will receive an email describing your volunteer responsibilities, event details, and other important information.
- How do I register to volunteer at OpenStreetsPGH?All registration is done online! Visit our Volunteer Page to sign up for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- I'm torn! I'd like to volunteer, but I also want to attend OpenStreetsPGH with my family.There are plenty of ways to get involved before and after OpenStreetsPGH from canvassing the neighborhoods to helping with tear down. Visit bikepgh.org/volunteer for our full list of pre and post event volunteer roles.
- What should I wear on the day of the event?Dress like you live in Pittsburgh! You will be given an OpenStreetsPGH t-shirt when you arrive, which we ask that you wear for the duration of your volunteer shift. Keep in mind that this event is rain or shine!
- I signed up to volunteer, but something came up and I won't be able to make my shift. What should I do?Call or text your Captain or Supervisor if you are running late or are no longer able to volunteer. We must know ASAP if we need to rearrange our volunteer roster.
- How can I get involved with PedalPGH?Whether you want to ride, set things up, help riders stay hydrated or enjoy the finish line festival, there’s a way for you to be a part of our region’s largest cycling event! Visit bikepgh.org/volunteer to sign up!
- Can I volunteer with a group?Yes! Community organizations, clubs, sports teams, and employees are more than welcome to volunteer together. Email Sarah at email@example.com, if interested.
- How long are the volunteer shifts?PedalPGH volunteer shifts range from 2 – 5 hours, depending on which role you sign up for. Visit bikepgh.org/volunteer for a full list of volunteer opportunities, times, and descriptions.
- What if I'm going to be late or can no longer make it?Please call or text your Site Supervisor ASAP and let them know. It’s important that we have enough volunteers for each role, and we may need to rearrange our roster.
If you still have questions or would like something to be added to this FAQ, email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.