A new ped/bike committee is being started in Westmoreland County.
If you live or work in that area, consider attending the kick off meeting on Monday evening, May 5th.
Latrobe Municipal Building
901 Jefferson Street
Meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
The agenda includes:
– Summary of Latrobe Greenways and Complete Streets Projects
– The 5E’s of a Bike Friendly Community
– Bike Suitability Mapping in Westmoreland County
– Update on trail news/other news from around the County
– Funding options for local ped/bike projects
– Next Steps for the Committee
I hope to see some of you there!
This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Swalfoort.
This was an interesting meeting. There were about 20-25 people there, from all over the county. We heard from Westmoreland County Planning and Parks and Rec about their plans for the committee, and got an update on the status of the five (yes, five!) trail development projects underway in Westmoreland County. We also heard from Aspect Planning on the 5E’s of bicycle planning. The group alos provided input to the SPC draft suitability maps for Westmoreland County.
The group is really well rounded, and geographically representative of the region. That was great to see. They are excited about moving forward with trails, sidewalks, shared lane markings and more. They just need a little direction on how to get there!