Map & Routes
Pittsburgh Bike Map
6th Edition now available!
Pittsburgh can seem like a daunting place to ride a bicycle for a new cyclist or a newcomer to the city, but it shouldn’t be. Our city’s beauty, in many ways, stems from our lack of a traditional street grid, our rivers, and our many hills — three elements that also make riding in the city challenging at times, especially since these geographic components provide most of our neighborhood connections.
Our map is designed with the commuter and urban explorer in mind, in the hopes that folks can learn some safer routes between neighborhoods, as well as explore some new territory. Click here to support projects like the Pittsburgh Bike Map.
Another great feature of this map is its inclusion of all HealthyRide bike share stations throughout the city. Now you can use the Pittsburgh Bike Map to navigate bike rentals as you explore our city!Download PGH Bike Map WEST Download PGH Bike Map EAST
Interactive Online Maps and Resources
In addition to all of the information on the print map, the online version contains information about crossing bridges, an expanded notes and landmarks section, the opportunity to view the routes in terrain and satellite mode, and user-submitted crash information.Click here to open full Online Bike Map
Explore Pittsburgh by bike, explore the map. We packed in tons of useful information such as trails, bridge crossings, landmarks, notes, friendly and cautionary routes, bike shops and more!
- Bike Pittsburgh Message Board – A great way to keep up-to-date and to ask local cyclists about preferred routes, tips, information, road conditions.
- Bike Pittsburgh’s Bike Commuting 101 Guide – The complete “How to” guide for riding to work. Full of tips and ideas presented as a fun, readable comic book.
- Google Maps “Bike There” – A great mapping tool from Google. Find good ways to get from point A to point B.
- Bicycle PA Routes – For bike touring in Pennsylvania
- BikePGH Events Calendar – Lots of events and weekly rides to help you meet other cyclists and gain the confidence to ride and explore on your own.
Trails and Trail Maps
- Three Rivers Heritage Trail Map – A comprehensive guide to the city’s riverfront trails put together by Friends of the Riverfront.
- Great Allegheny Passage Map- Trail Map for the Pittsburgh to DC ride put together by the Allegheny Trail Alliance.
- Click here for a complete list of regional Western Pennsylvania trails and trail organizations.
- “They Working” Trail Volunteer Fund – Provides grants to to be used by volunteer trail projects that create, maintain, or enhance the bicycle trails in western Pennsylvania
- ExplorePAtrails – One stop site for all of Pennsylvania’s trails. Find trails, info, etc.
Get a Free BikePGH Map
Regular maps are available for free at all bike shops and various other businesses around town. See below for the complete list. Keep checking this site as we update locations – some places may run out!
- Bicycle Heaven Bike Museum and Shop – R.J. Casey Industrial Park, 1800 Preble Ave.
- Kraynick’s Bike Shop, 5003 Penn Ave