What are the most important details that I should know about PedalPGH?
- PedalPGH is Sunday, August 27th 2017.
- Registration Opens May 1st. It costs $30 for BikePGH members (Early Bird Discount Reg. Price $30) , $40 for Adult Non Members, and $15 for Children under 18. Late Registration the week of the event is $40 Members /$45 Non-Members and the price for “Day of” registration is $45 for members and $50 “day of” for non-members.
- All Riders must obey traffic laws. Helmets are required for any participants under 18 and highly encouraged for everyone else.
- What is the address for the start?
Start / Finish Address:
Southside Riverfront Park
1 S. 18th Street
Pittsburgh PA 15203
When can I pick up my PedalPGH registration packet?
You can pick up your registration packet and bottle on the morning of the race at the check-in tent.
Those who registered before August 11th will receive their packet in the mail.
T-shirts should be picked up when you return to the Finish Line Festival after you’ve completed the ride.
Packet pick-up times and locations
- Performance Bicycles, 6375 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15206
Sat. August 19th: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Wed. August 23rd: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Sat. August 26th: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- American Cancer Society Offices
320 Bilmar Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
510 Pellis Rd Suite 203, Greensburg, PA 15601
Mon. – Fri. August 21st – 25th: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Day-of, August 27th, Southside Riverfront Park: 6:45am – 10:00am
What time should I plan to start riding my PedalPGH route?
In order to catch all rest stops and finish in time to catch the Finish Line Festival, we suggest riders participate in the mass starts for their routes at certain times, all meeting at the Southside Riverfront Park:
- 62 Mile Healthy Ride Ultimate Challenge – 7:00am
- 40 Mile ACS Ride to End Cancer – 8:00am
- 25 Mile Highmark City Tour – 9:00am
- 10 Mile Peoples Local Loop – 10:00am
If you did not receive your packet in the mail or pick it up at packet-pick-up, please be sure to arrive in time to check-in before takeoff. A ride number is required for ride participation.
Routes will be color-coded and signed for your ease of navigation.
For more information, click here to view the 2017 Ride Guide
Click here to see the 2016 course maps and GPS file cue sheets (subject to change).
- Where are the directions or cue sheet for the course?Due to construction, paving, and other unexpected street closures, the turn-by-turn cue sheets won’t be available until the day before the ride. Printed cue sheets will be available at the start of the ride. We will also have the directions downloadable to enter into your GPS or smart phone, one day prior to the ride. Additionally, the route will be clearly marked. Click here to see the 2016 course map and cue sheet (subject to change).
- Can I volunteer?Yes! We need hundreds of volunteers to make this ride happen. Sign up here to hand out registration packets, set up rest stops, register participants, give out free snacks, and more. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt, a PedalPGH registration, and the knowledge that you’re making Pittsburgh a more bike-friendly city.
- Where's my shirt?All participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt of the event. They will be available at the Finish Line Festival when you complete the ride.
- I don’t have a bike. What should I do?Golden Triangle Bike Rental is along the People’s local loop route, and is a good place to rent a bike for the big day. 600 1st Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, (412) 600-0675. Alternatively, you can rent a Healthy Ride bike at one of the kiosk stations around Pittsburgh. More information can be found at HealthyRidePGH.com.
- PedalPGH is on open public roads, do I really need to pay?PedalPGH is a fundraising event for Bike Pittsburgh. We work hard insure that every rider at the event has a great time. We provide well marked routes, entertainment, food, and shirts for all participants. Funds from PedalPGH are used to support BikePGH’s mission to transform our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. If you have friends that ride unregistered and pay nothing, please encourage them to pay their way. It is not fair for you or any other rider. If funds are not available, there is always an option to volunteer. Additionally, your rider number must be visible to get food at rest stops.
- Why should I become a member of the BikePGH?Your investment makes you a card-carrying member of Bike Pittsburgh. This, in turn, strengthens our voice to work for a more bike and pedestrian-friendly Pittsburgh. Bike lanes, bike racks, and the award-winning Pittsburgh Bike Map simply would not exist without your support. Plus, with your donation, you get these great member benefits and discounts!
- Where do I park?PedalPGH will start and finish at the Southside River Front Park under the Birmingham bridge. On Sunday mornings, there is free street parking all over the Southside and several pay parking garages in the SouthSide Works. Please note parking is limited and we recommend parking near the Southside works and biking down to the start.If you choose to park in a garage, make double sure that your bike is not on TOP of your car before entering the garage. We highly encourage people to ride their bikes to PedalPGH. It’s free and you won’t have to deal with finding a parking spot for your car. There will be bike parking at the start/finish area. Please bring a lock, as you are responsible for your ride.
- Do I need to register online?No. You can register in person on the morning of PedalPGH or at the BikePGH office during one of our designated Packet Pick Up times. You can also print out this day-of registration form and mail it to BikePGH or bring it to day-of registration with cash or check.
- What does the registration fee go toward?All proceeds from PedalPGH go toward BikePGH. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit that support safer streets for cyclist and pedestrians in Pittsburgh for over 10 years. Learn more about our mission and work at bikepgh.org. Your fee also pays for the event’s costs. BikePGH works hard to put on the best possible ride. Your fees cover staff time, permits, rest stops, food and hundreds of addition other items that go into making the ride as enjoyable as possible.
- How do I sign up?Registration opens May 1, 2017. See our registration page here for more information.
- Can I sign up in a group?We are no longer accepting group registrations.
- How do I register?
- Can children ride in PedalPGH?Absolutely! BikePGH has worked hard to create a bicycle ride for everyone. We have a family ride option called the Peoples Local Loop that is between 5-12 miles and utilizes the Three Rivers Heritage Trails. Registration is required for any children pedaling a bike or a tag along under 18 years old at a discounted $15 child’s rate. (Children seated in trailers are free).
- Can I bring my children in a trailer on the ride?Yes! We love trailers, in fact we have a ride benefiting BikePGH every year in which we tow a keg all over the city. Children in trailers are free to join in PedalPGH.
- It looks like it is going to rain, can I get a refund?PedalPGH happens rain or shine. All registrations for PedalPGH are non-refundable. Regardless of the weather, BikePGH needs to order t-shirts, food, and supplies weeks before the event. Any proceeds from the ride go to support BikePGH.
- Can I register the day of the event?Yes. Day of Registration is $5 more ($40 for Members and $45 for Adult Registration) BikePGH can not guarantee t-shirts sizes for day of participants.
- Is my registration Tax Deductible?Good question. Event Registration and Merchandise are not tax deductible as per the IRS. If you added a membership or donation to your order these items do qualify as Tax Deductible
Still have a question?
Email us at PedalPGH@BikePGH.org