A winter cross race at the slags! Come out for an hour of riding, running, and bunny hopping in the cold and hopefully snow (or icy mud as the case may be). Meet and poke fun at riders wearing multiple layers of spandex to keep warm! Featuring some free icy cold ‘sports beverages’ (read: BEER) provided by Pennsylvania’s own Straub Brewery! So add an extra challenge to the day and stay “hydrated” with the green bottles….or not. Maybe save that part for the victory lap.
Cash and prizes for the winners and a potluck to re-energize afterwards.
Win awesome swag from our sweet sponsors: Over The Bar Bicycle Café, Thick Bikes, Iron City Bikes, DirtRag, & Straub Brewing Co.
Where are the Slags?
Check out this handy map of the Goodman Radio Tower, where you can meet pre-race: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/goodman-radio-tower
Or meet up at the parking lot at the corner of S. Braddock and Biddle at noon and get a guided ride with the crowd.
- Where: Slagheaps (Frick Park)(where the heck is that? Check this map: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/goodman-radio-tower and ride up Goodman to the end… you will know you are in the right place thanks to banners and people whoopin’ it up)
- When: Sunday, January 24th; 1pm start ?How much: $5 to race, free to watch ?Prizes: Overall, womens & jeans (for the hipsters) categories
- Where: East Liberty (5484 Hays St, the house with the giant chainlink fence)
- When: Sunday, January 24th; after the race- 3pm
- How much: Covered dish or grillable items for the propane grill. ?Prizes: it’s a POTLUCK… everyone wins
For more details check out:
Check it out on Facebook
Blab about it on the Bike-PGH forum
Not a member of Bike Pittsburgh? Join today! We need you to add your voice! Bike Pittsburgh works to protect cyclist’s rights and promote the vision of making Pittsburgh a safer and more enjoyable place to live and to ride. For more info, check out: www.bike-pgh.org/membership