The hotly contested local political season and bike share proved popular on our site
It’s fun to look back and see what caught people’s attention over the course of the year. Meant as a supplement to our Year in Review 2013, take a pedal down memory lane as we list the year’s most popular blog posts and messageboard topics that our readers shared, “liked,” tweeted, and discussed.
- Take Action: Tell the Candidates That You Want Safe Streets
- Mayor Ravenstahl Announces Bike Share System Coming to Pittsburgh
- (National) Pittsburgh Bike to Work Day May 17th
- PGH v. CLE showdown in the National Bike Challenge
- City’s first speed humps and bike boulevard added to Gold Way in Polish Hill
- BikeFest 2013 Aug. 9 – 25
- Job Posting – Pittsburgh Bike Share Executive Director
- 2012 American Community Survey indicates upward bicycling trend nationwide
- WESA: The Dirty Dozen Turns 31 on Saturday
- Liberty Ave Bike Lanes Going Green at the Bloomfield Bridge
The Mayoral Election
If elections were won on page views, Mayor-elect Bill Peduto won in a landslide with his answers to our We Walk We Bike We Vote Candidate Q&A. Below are the results of the “most-read” election.
- Tag-o-Rama 2
- C&O Canal Closed during Government Shutdown
- Play Wheelset of Fortune
- Hit and Run in Bloomfield
- 2013 Dirty Dozen Training Rides
- Dangerous drivers thread
- Another day, another cyclist hit. Another month, another cyclist dead.
- Bikers Hit at Reynolds and S. Lexington
- Bicycles do not belong on the roadways!
- Another PG bicycle letter – 21JUN13
Not a member of BikePGH? Join today! We need you to add your voice! Bike Pittsburgh works to protect cyclist’s rights and promote the vision of making Pittsburgh a safer and more enjoyable place to live and to ride. For more info, check out: www.bikepgh.org/membership