A helmet needs to fit properly in order to provide the highest level of head protection. Don’t rush fitting a helmet. Make sure the fit is right for your head. Watch our video below for quick tips and use our step-by-step guide for detailed fitting methods.
Step-by-step Guide: How to fit your helmet
- Loosen the dial on the back of the helmet (if it has a dial).
- Put the helmet on and tighten the dial.
- Make sure the helmet is snug. Shake your head left to right, and up and down.
- Buckle the strap. Make sure only 1-2 fingers can fit between strap and your chin.
- Check to see if the strap fits around your ears.
- Check to see if your forehead is protected. There should be a maximum of two inches between your brow and the front of the helmet.