Bike to Work Day is just around the corner! Dozens of employers around the city use Bike to Work Day to encourage employees to try riding bikes for transportation or recreation. Promoting bike riding holds some obvious benefits to any workplace – from improved health, to a cleaner environment, to building a more fun workplace culture, to saving $$$, and more! (Check this page if you need to see the data). You can bring these benefits into your workplace by supporting bikes, and it could all start this Bike to Work Day.
Below is BikePGH’s 5-step plan to encourage your employees to participate in Bike to Work Day – and before long every day will be Bike to Work Day at your office!
1.Inspire employees to ride bikes
- Hang posters to promote Bike to Work Day in a common area at your workplace.
- Add the event to your internal staff calendar.
- Send an email to employees to highlight Bike to Work Day and other BikePGH event’s throughout the summer
2. Show them the ropes – simple, accessible education can open to door to biking
- Bring BikePGH in for a Lunch & Learn to answer employee questions about biking.
- Host a Power Hour Bike Ride
- Circulate BikePGH’s Maps and Guides that help you safely find your way around town.
3. Show me the perks! Incentivize biking for employees
- Host your business’s own Commuter Cafe with breakfast & goodies to welcome riders who have tried riding to work.
- Offer reimbursement and prizes to thank employees who ride bikes.
- Promote your business and employees by connecting with us on social media. Tag @bikepgh in your Twitter & Facebook posts. We’ll re-post and share!
4. Make everyday bike to work day
- Support safe streets and a positive bike culture by becoming BikePGH Business Member.
- Build community with Corporate Volunteering at BikePGH’s summer events
Follow those steps and you’ll hold a Bike to Work Day event that employees will remember for years to come. Stay tuned to our webpage for more info.