Sea Anemone (and Nemo!) | Source: Outdoor Tech.
Bike or Treat!
October is a time for costumes, candy, and spooky adventures…so why not hop on your bike this Halloween? There are some seriously great rides on tap this month, and with a little clever thinking your bike can be part of a fabulous costume! Here are some tips for making the most out of the holiday.
Halloween Do’s & Don’ts
- Don’t be a ninja! Bring your bike lights and stay visible to drivers after dark.
- Make sure your robe, cape, tassels, and whatever else you’re wearing won’t get caught in your bike chain. Most drugstores sell safety pins or velcro tabs that you can use to secure these items.
- Leave room for a helmet, or better yet, incorporate one into your costume!
You still have time to concoct a costume that will transform your steed into the stuff of nightmares. Here are some of our favorite ideas…
Celebrate on Two Wheels
Check out these spooky rides:
- Thursday, Oct. 26th: Pittsburgh Underwear Bike Ride
- Friday, Oct. 27th: Halloween Session at The Wheel Mill
- Tuesday, Oct. 31st: Bike or Treat Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, Oct. 31st: SpOOky Spokes Alleycat
Limited time remaining!
Sign up for BikePGH’s Monthly Membership and get our exclusive throwback icon t-shirt! For the next two weeks, you get a free gift when you join as a Sustaining Monthly Member.*
For less than the price of a Primanti’s sammich you can support our advocacy work for better, safer bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.
As a Sustaining Monthly Member, you can take pride in knowing that you are keeping our wheels turning by contributing monthly to BikePGH for year-round reliable revenue.
Whether new or renewing, a monthly membership comes with this iconic limited-edition BikePGH T-shirt. Being a card-carrying member of BikePGH is a concrete way to show your support and commitment to contributing to a safer and more equitable Pittsburgh.Become a member