*APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED*
Seeking Volunteer Coordinator
BikePGH is looking for another person to join our team to help recruit and coordinate volunteers year round for our ever-growing number of programs. We are seeking a highly organized, outgoing person who understands the importance of volunteering for a small non-profit.
Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Position: Part-Time 20 hours per week, Non-exempt
Target start: Early to mid-March
Rate: $15 per hour
Hours: Office M-F 9am-5pm, and programming in evenings and on weekends
Benefits: Part-Time staff working over 1,000 hours annually are eligible to participate in Bike Pittsburgh’s retirement plan and also receive pro rata PTO.
Reports to: Director of Events, Michael Carroll, and works closely with the Events & Community Outreach Specialist, Sarah Quinn.
Mission: Bike Pittsburgh is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. Bike Pittsburgh’s three areas of focus are Advocacy, Community, and Education.
Position Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruiting and coordinating volunteers for programs and events for BikePGH. Events include Volunteer Nights, Bike to Work Day, OpenStreetsPGH, PedalPGH, and additional programs. This position is responsible for keeping up-to-date volunteer records and maintaining timely communications with BikePGH’s volunteer network.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers through email and in-person communications
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers on duties ahead of time and in-person
- Maintain firstname.lastname@example.org inbox with timely communications
- Staff events to attract new volunteers
- Manage volunteers at BikePGH events
- Ensure that there is appropriate support and training for volunteers before and during events
- Provide on-site event assistance in event / program execution with direction from the Director of Events
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation events and services
- Aid BikePGH members and participants with questions and concerns before, during and after programs
- Keep accurate records of volunteers and volunteer hours in database
- Subscribe volunteers to volunteer newsletter
- Assess volunteer skills, staff needs and relevant volunteer projects
The job duties listed above should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be assigned as need arises and according to programmatic need.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Computer skills–database management experience preferred
- Self-motivation and ability to create and move complex projects forward
- Ability to identify & set priorities and coordinate staff and volunteers
- Ability to plan, schedule, and conduct orientations, meetings, trainings
- Ability to work under pressure as it relates to event dates, event activities, and emergencies
- Outgoing personality
- First aid and CPR training is desired but not required
- Microsoft Office and Google Drive program skills
Working Conditions: Weekday, evening, and weekend work required. Driver’s license is, ironically, encouraged but not absolutely necessary for events. Ability to work in an open office environment. Office is located in a neighborhood with transit access; off-site work and transportation is required. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a regular, recurring basis.
In lieu of a cover letter, send us an email asking “BikePGH” to participate in a program, event, or service opportunity (real or fictitious). Incorporating your personal style is highly encouraged, so feel free to include photos or gifs. Please include your resume as an attachment and send to email@example.com with “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as applications are received. Application deadline is Sunday, February 18th at 11:59 PM.