Seeking Full-Time Business Relationship Manager
Bike Pittsburgh is seeking a seasoned, effective business development professional to help this mission driven organization develop corporate relationships in order to expand bicycle and walking infrastructure as well as innovative educational and community programming in Pittsburgh. If you are passionate about biking and walking, urban design, and networking, this is your chance to help improve the lives of Pittsburghers.
Title: Business Relationship Manager
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Target Start: October 2018
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 depending upon relevancy of experience and track record of success.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Often M-F 9-5 plus some work on weeknights and weekends in order to attend occasional community meetings and events.
Benefits: Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous PTO and 401k benefits as outlined in BikePGH’s employee manual.
Reports to: BikePGH’s Director of Events
Mission: BikePGH is a 3,100 member grassroots advocacy organization that is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. BikePGH’s three areas of focus are advocacy, education, and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in growing and improving Bike Pittsburgh’s business network and membership, bike rack sales, and (working with the Events Director) solicit corporate sponsorship for OpenStreetsPGH, PedalPGH, Bike to Work Day, and the WMN Biking Forum.
- Manage and foster relationships within business member network;
- Identifying new potential business members and work to convert them into members;
- Collaborate with Event Director and Executive Director on soliciting sponsorships, donations and membership from Business Member Network;
- Identify champions within Business Network who are decision makers or influencers;
- Coordinate, schedule and manage programs designed to engage our Business Member Network;
- Develop print and digital marketing materials for Business Membership and Sponsorship;
- Collaborate with Event Specialist on workshops directed at increasing employee involvement in our Business Member Network;
- Maintain a Salesforce database of Business membership, sponsorship, and bike rack customers. This should include basic information as well as donation and relationship history, membership renewal and other relevant date related deliverables;
- Track sponsorship deliverables and ensure fulfillment is completed to the standards of agreements
- Aid the Communications Manager by creating business specific content to publish as needed via BikePGH media channels;
- Manage a business program interns as needed.
Bike Pittsburgh is a local sales representative for Dero bike racks – for which we receive commission income.
- Develop and enhance prospecting pipeline for Dero bike rack sales;
- Develop and enact policies and procedures for selling bike racks through our partner business partner Dero;
- Work with developers and architects to include bike parking in the design and construction of new and renovated properties, preferably Dero products;
- Continue to develop bike rack installation procedures and policies;
- Keep records of all quotes, sales, and the project status for all Dero Business.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, preferably with experience closing sponsorship deals.
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Friday September 24, 2018 and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment in early to mid October 2018.
By e-mail: Please send email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Relationship Manager” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person during regular weekday office hours (9am – 5pm Monday through Friday)