Bike to Work Day
Bike to Work on Friday, May 20, 2016!
Bike to Work Day is a day to celebrate being one of thousands of people in Pittsburgh who rides to work! It’s also a day to give bicycle commuting a try, so join in the fun and bike to work on Friday, May 20, 2016.
Everyone should ride to the nearest of five Commuter Cafés to grab some free breakfast and coffee! All BikePGH members, both current and new, visiting a Commuter Café will ride away with free sunglasses!
Additionally, 20+ lucky members will find a golden ticket in their gift, redeemable for some wonderful prizes like a bicycle from Marin.
Bike Pittsburgh Commuter Café Locations 7:30am – 9:30am:
DOWNTOWN Market Square, 15222
SOUTH SIDE Hot Metal St & Water St, 15203
NORTH SIDE Roberto Clemente Statue, 15212
OAKLAND Schenley Plaza, 15213
BLOOMFIELD Friendship Parklet, 15224
Prepare for Bike to Work Day:
- Look over the Urban Biking Companion to review some tips on safe, easier commuting from tire inflation to turn signals
- Find bike parking near your place of employment (bring a lock), or ask your employer if you can bring your bike inside for safe storage
- Sign up for the National Bike Challenge to track your miles and represent the Pittsburgh bicycling community to the nation
- Get a tune up from your local bike shop. Discounts at the bike shops apply to BikePGH Members!
- Find a route by using the Pittsburgh Bike Map