Seeking Full-Time Office and Membership Administrator
Seeking Part-Time Education Program Instructor
Education Program Instructors work with a teaching team delivering bike safety education and riding bikes with participants at schools and other program site locations located across the city on a seasonal basis.
Title: Education Program Instructor
Position: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Target Start: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; Program start dates will occur on or near June 15th, 2018; September 4th, 2018; and March 25th, 2019.
Wage: $15.00/hr starting
Hours: Minimum 2-4 hours per week – Maximum 20-25 hours per week, Weekday afternoons and some evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Education Program Manager
Mission: BikePGH is a 3,000 member grassroots advocacy organization that is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. BikePGH’s three areas of focus are advocacy, education, and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach youth how to ride a bike, and how to ride safely in traffic.
- Supervise participants and facilitate regular group bicycle rides.
- Help youth safely navigate city streets with car traffic and bike on multi-use trails
- Teach, practice, and enforce safe bicycle riding behavior
- Teach Positive Spin or other provided curriculum
- Follow rules and procedures that are set forth by program site
- Check for and maintain program site inventory supply including: bicycles, helmets, tools, classroom supply and other items provided by the program or site.
- Must provide Act 33, Act 34 and Act 151 Clearances, updated within 1 year of starting date.
- Must be willing to ride 8-16 miles with participants during group rides.
- Experience working with youth preferred.
- Bonus: Experience repairing bicycles and maintaining fleet bikes
WHAT WILL A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
Meet directly at your program site for a quick prep meeting with your co-teachers. Set up for the day, meet your students, delivery instruction, go for a bike ride, return to site, put away supplies and debrief with your team.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Education@bikepgh.org. Please also indicate your general availability.