Bike Pittsburgh is seeking an experienced Multimedia Coordinator to support the communications of this mission-driven organization in order to expand the positive public perception of biking and walking in Pittsburgh. If you are passionate about biking and walking, marketing and communications, this is your chance to help improve the lives of Pittsburghers.
Position: Full-time, Non-exempt
Target Start: January 2020
Salary: $16-$18 per hour depending upon the relevancy of experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, Often M-F 9-5 plus some work on weeknights and weekends in order to attend events.
Benefits: Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous PTO and 401k benefits as outlined in BikePGH’s employee manual.
Reports to: BikePGH’s Marketing and Communications Director
Mission: BikePGH is a 3,400 member grassroots advocacy organization that is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. BikePGH’s three areas of focus are advocacy, education, and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible for generating engaging content for the BikePGH website, blog, newsletter and social media outlets.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Writes and curates blog posts on the topics of biking, walkability, and advocacy.
- Implements messaging around strategic goals.
- Reviews and updates content on our websites.
- Produce email content for organizational newsletters.
- Writes and schedules content for BikePGH’s social media networks.
- Enhance social media engagement through interactive forums to communicate with our audience.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff members to help answer questions from social media posts.
- Create videos across our programmatic focuses.
- Create graphics based on program needs.
- Photograph BikePGH events, merchandise, and more.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Have experience writing blogs, scheduling social media, and creating presentations
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, and Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience with photography and photo editing
- Graphic design and/or video production experience is required.
- Knowledge of bicycle and pedestrian issues, urban design, planning, transportation, and politics.
- Passion for the mission of BikePGH and a strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy.
- 2-3 years of experience with the listed skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume and a multimedia portfolio. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through December 2019 and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment in January 2020.
Applications received without a portfolio will not be considered.
By e-mail: Please send email with a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Multimedia Coordinator” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person during regular weekday office hours (9am – 5pm Monday through Friday)