Available Internships Spring 2020
BikePGH Special Events & Outreach Intern: Spring 2020
Reports To: Kéya Joseph, Events Director
Position Type: Part-Time Internship, 10-20 hours per week
Time Frame: January – August 2020
The Special Events & Outreach Intern will assist the Events team to organize and prepare for our four largest events of the year: OpenStreetsPGH and PedalPGH. This position will work part of the time at the BikePGH office and part of the time out in the community.
The BikePGH Special Events & Outreach Intern will be with the organization for two semesters, January – August 2020. Anyone unable to commit to this date range should not apply.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Special Events:
- Documenting and communicating instructions and guidelines for activity partners and sponsors at OpenStreetsPGH.
- Generating spreadsheets of OpenStreetsPGH business participants and tracking communication outreach.
- Collecting logos from business sponsors of OpenStreetsPGH and updating on the website.
- Research tasks related to OpenStreetsPGH three unique routes as assigned.
- On-site event support at all three OpenStreetsPGH events and PedalPGH.
- Door to door outreach to businesses and residents along the three unique OpenStreetsPGH routes.
- Distributing posters and flyers to business sponsors and supporters before each OpenStreetsPGH event.
- Attending and presenting event information at evening community meetings
- Drafting blog posts, preparing website content, or otherwise assisting with outreach and marketing efforts.
- Other outreach projects as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Comfortable doing door-to-door outreach and speaking in public.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work.
- High level of commitment, responsible and dedicated.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy.
Must be available to attend our four largest events of the year, tentative dates:
- OpenStreetsPGH : May 30th
- OpenStreetsPGH: June 27th – 28th
- OpenStreetsPGH: July 25th – 26th
- PedalPGH: August 29th – 30th
- Free BikePGH membership.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Experience in one of the country’s fastest-growing bicycle advocacy organizations.
- Regular supervision to ensure that you achieve your desired intern experience.
Wage and Hours:
- 10-20 hours per week over the internship
- Email your resume, cover letter and a work sample that showcases your communication skills to DeAnna Srock at email@example.com.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis