2012 Dirty Dozen Training Rides

← Back to Forums

Anonymous #

Any news on the date for the 2012 running ?

stefb
Participant
#

It is always the Saturday after thanksgiving, unless it got changed. I missed it two years ago cause I was in a wedding.

Dave – more people are using helmet cams lately. I also was under the influence of cold medicine.

quizbot
Participant
#

I missed getting the jagoff on video who was coming up Kittanning Pike blasting horn as everyone was coming down at a good clip after Center. Seemed a bit dickish of driver guy… not sure if anyone else noticed.

stefb
Participant
#

Yeah I swore at him.

Anonymous #

So that would Saturday, November 24th, correct ? I am coming down from Canada where we have a different date for Thanksgiving (and it is always a Monday)…

jonawebb
Participant
#

Yes, definitely.

urbanrider
Participant
#

@reddan, co-worker reminded me that the Pgh Great Race is this Sunday and that the 10K run probably will come down Blvd of the Allies about the same time we crossed over it last Sunday. It may also make it more difficult for anyone coming to the starting point to get there w/o crossing the course.

Up to you, but you might want to give some thought to an alternate starting point this weekend.

Jim

reddan
Keymaster
#

@jim, thanks for the heads-up.

If need be, we can always loop around via Fort Duquesne Blvd, the Point, and the trail.

Greasefoot
Participant
#

Damn I missed the first ride already and I’m going to be out of town again this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be back in time next week but I don’t know what shape I’ll be in off the redeye.

boostuv
Participant
#

Yeah I’m out again this week due to racing in the Great Race.

quizbot
Participant
#

5k starts @8, 10k starts @9:30. Blvd will be tied up all morning. I’m missing the group ride since my wife is running the 10k, but will be heading out from S’liberty around 1p to hit High/Logan/Suffolk if anyone’s interested in a later start (W Roger?)

reddan
Keymaster
#

As I mentioned above, I’m likely to have very little in my legs this coming Sunday. I’m still planning to show up and (hopefully) ride, but I’m also looking for someone who wouldn’t mind being backup ride leader, *just in case* I fail to HTFU.

Preferably, someone who’s ridden High, Logan, and Suffering-Hellish-Burning in the past.

bhattenb
Participant
#

I can do it, Dan.

boostuv
Participant
#

Quizbot, I might take you up on that. I’m doing the 10k with a quick swim in the river afterwards so itll be depending on time and my energy at that point.

reddan
Keymaster
#

@bhattenb: Sent you email. Thanks!

rice rocket
Participant
#

road trip, who’s in?

rice rocket
Participant
#

Greasefoot
Participant
#

@ Rice Rocket I would love to…but I already have plans for a different hill this week.

stefb
Participant
#

I hope some of you show. The rain isn’t supposed to start again until this afternoon, so hopefully it is not more miserable than it has to be. Though you never know what the weather is gonna be the day of..

Anonymous #

i would, but im stuck @ work, and i hate climbing. :D

flyS564
Participant
#

I got there at 10:15 and no one was there. Was I too late? It was a pain to get there so I’m thinking people might have met elsewhere.

stefb
Participant
#

We left at 10:10. Small group this week. Hopefully more people are able to make it and I hope it isn’t raining next week. I made Logan my bitch. Well, I didn’t fly up it, but I did it and the other hills without stopping. All of those times we did Suffolk on the decaf rides and I was frightened while riding down it fixed, as much as it sucks, I meant what I said when I said that I would rather climb Suffolk than ride down it. At least I know I can control my bike and not slip while going up a wet brick road.

stefb
Participant
#

Does anyone have a .gpx file of the whole route? I had it but I think I deleted it. I have some time off this week…

Anonymous #

Greasefoot
Participant
#

Had a 3000ft climb today on vacation….

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Anonymous #

does anyone know if the route has been plotted yet?

so far i’ve found 9 differnt routes tagged as 2011.

stefb
Participant
#

And has anyone spoken to Danny chew about Rialto?

reddan
Keymaster
#

I emailed Danny a few days ago…he hasn’t looked at Rialto, so hasn’t yet decided what he’ll do.

eMcK
Participant
#

THis hill gets my vote as a replacement:

http://goo.gl/maps/74t5o

stefb
Participant
#

Since I am gonna be out if town this weekend, I plan to do the three hills on Friday at 10am instead if anyone wants to join me. Meet at the same place.

Anonymous #

10?

Good I can sleep late.

Lou M.
Participant
#

Boustead Street over in Beechview is a good choice too.

rice rocket
Participant
#

Boustead is already hill 10?

Lou M.
Participant
#

Oh my bad! Was over at Casa Rasta this weekend and drove down it thinking it would be good.

reddan
Keymaster
#

drove down it thinking it would be good.

“Good” is a highly relative term in this case. :-)

Anonymous #

Yeah, so, umm. let’s bump this back to noon.

SOmehow i was convinced to ride a century on thursday, and i may need a lil extra time in the morning to make sure my legs function.

Just a smidgen of time.

So noon, we’re good on that? excellent.

stefb
Participant
#

I don’t know that i am able to do this at all today, as I have to go out of town. Sorry dudes.

boostuv
Participant
#

Might actually make the one this week!

reddan
Keymaster
#

I need to put the Free Radical (to be technical, Eric’s Free Radical) on the ‘bent this weekend. Figure I might as well improve my Canton chances to “realm of possibility.”

reddan
Keymaster
#

Well, I’m happy to report that the Free Radical worked great, as regards keeping me from unicycling. Now, I need to work on tire choice and pressure, as I spun out badly on all three attempts today.

← Back to Forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login.

Supported by