2012 Dirty Dozen Training Rides

← Back to Forums

sarapgh2
Participant
#

If anyone wants to meet in the Sq Hill area and ride to the start I wouldn’t mind company down Wash Blvd. (I’m kinda whimpy about riding on that road).

Anonymous #

I am going to be on my car with bike carrier (max 2), pump, some tools, and patches. I can give a ride if anyone wants it. After start Ken and I are going to move to last six hills.

HiddenVariable
Participant
#

@sarapgh2 – you can minimize your washington blvd experience by heading down negley run out of east liberty. this is also a fast road, but you’ll be going fast too, and it usually has minimal automobile traffic. also, once you get to washington blvd, there will be a LOT of other cyclists about, and you can probably hop in with a group.

Pierce
Participant
#

There’s also a switchback trail you can access (and walk down) from the pavilion near the highland park pool

sarapgh2
Participant
#

I’ll have to look up Negley Run. I think Highland Park is a bit out of the way for me.

mrosswog
Participant
#

Figures – beautiful weather for weeks then – rain and snow for race day :)

stefb
Participant
#

Weatherbug is saying 40’s and 15% chance of precip during the day.

Marko82
Participant
#

Stef, don’t forget your pink thingies.

stefb
Participant
#

Haha I don’t need the extra weight. Maybe I can have those instead of the pink ribbon I am supposed to tie to my handlebars.

Mick
Participant
#

@cburch Yeah, my wife. She is a beast.

Such a sweet talker!

stefb
Participant
#

Yeah, my saddle sores are beastly, too. He is a lucky sweet talker.

Anonymous #

stef, throw a u-lock over your bars ;)

stefb
Participant
#

Ok so the forecast is looking suckier and suckier. I don’t mind cold and snow, but I am worried about wet cobble.

cburch
Participant
#

H

cburch
Participant
#

T

cburch
Participant
#

F

cburch
Participant
#

U

reddan
Keymaster
#

@stef: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Anonymous #

i worry about wet cobbler, i don’t want some soggy person messing with my shoes.

Marko82
Participant
#

It’s even worse when a wet cobbler is eating wet cobbler while biking on wet cobbles. But they are bad-ass like that.

Anonymous #

^ that mental picture just cobbles the mind.

sarapgh2
Participant
#

Agreed! I talked to Glenn about this the other night when I picked up my bike at BB and he assured me the best bet is to just let some air out on Canton, etc. They’ll have two vehicles and can re-pump as needed after those hills.

stefb
Participant
#

That is good to know. I may have to try to drop my pressure down from 115.

cburch
Participant
#

did i not say this exact thing to you twice already?

sarapgh2
Participant
#

It is well known, husband advice does not count.

stefb
Participant
#

I don’t want a pinch flat argh

Anonymous #

underinflation is awesome. i found out the other day i was around 30-45 pounds under on each tire for pretty much the whole year. only flat i got was from a janky tire that had the wire beading piercing the tube.

@sarahpgh, its worth about the same as wife advice, its just that our gender doesn’t continually state said advice over and over and over again. :)

Anonymous #

@stefb with your weight and 23 mm tires (I assume you are going to use those) even 85 are OK. I am going around 95-100 front and 105-110 rear and I weight 255. So far I didn’t have snake bites. Moreover on my Hutchinson I rode around 1700 miles and puncture at all.

You should listen to Collin. :)

stefb
Participant
#

I think I have 25s on there. I am gonna try the lower pressure. That should help on burgess also..not a terrible segment of the hill, but Suffolk sucks the life out of you a bit.

Anonymous #

@stef, you just need more bacon.

← Back to Forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login.

Supported by