2019 Riding Conditions Report

← Back to Forums

Gerry Durishan
Participant
#

The path between Hazelwood Green and Hot Metal Bridge –   This morning a crew was paving this section with new stone dust.  It is much better.  I didn’t stay around long enough nor ask if they were doing the whole section.  They started on the washed out area. The path is much more like the stone dust trails on other sections of the gap. I was concerned that I would be stopped by the workers because I’m not sure if this is CSX property (railway).  The workers waived me forward and just said, “be careful.”

Benzo
Participant
#

Does anyone know when water fountains around town get turned on? Specifically at the EFT Trailhead by 2nd ave? It’s getting humid and I get thirsty.

Eric
#

They aren’t on yet? 311 it. I bet they forgot.

Eric
#

Tonight 78k fans at Heinz Field for Garth Brooks. I’d call the whole area a hard “avoid” today.

Eric
#

311ed the downhill bike lane on one wild place. From the end of the zoo to butler street there are quite a few places where vines are growing into the bikelane, forcing people out into the travel lane.

Also 311ed the n shore trail. Parts are very narrow because they are overgrown with weeds.

Penndot and the county respond super quickly to complaints. In comparison Pittsburgh 311 response is slooooow.

← Back to Forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login.

Supported by