321 Ride Pittsburgh 2018: volunteers needed!

← Back to Forums

anon123
Participant
#

I’m looking for a few more marshal volunteers for the 25-mile city course of 321 Ride Pittsburgh. This would be Sunday, October 14, starting at 8:30am. (Ending time depends on your assignment and your preferences, so if you need to be done by any particular time that day, please indicate that on the form below.) More info below…

What’s 321?

321 Ride Pittsburgh is a very special ride that The Woiner Foundation puts on every year to raise money for melanoma and pancreatic cancer research. I coordinate volunteers for the 25-mile city ride portion of this event (“Tim’s Tour”).

It’s a pretty easy job, and if you’ve never marshaled a bike ride before, I’ll pair you with someone experienced. You’ll meet some of the best bikey folks in Pittsburgh. And you’ll be helping out with a very worthwhile cause: money raised goes directly to UPMC Hillman Cancer Center and the Alliance of Families Fighting Pancreatic Cancer.

What’s a marshal?

Marshaling duties can include posting up at intersections to point riders in the right direction so that they don’t get lost, “sweeping” (riding slowly with the back of the group) so that no one gets left behind, and/or floating amongst riders to assist with minor mechanicals and generally boost morale.

How do I sign up?

Please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/wwETuhi2I5vWEmTO2

And if you have any questions, please email sarah.k.pearman@gmail.com. (I’m not active on the forums here, but I’ll try to keep up if anyone replies on this thread!)

← Back to Forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to login.

Supported by