BikePGH’s Women and Biking Program is inclusive towards Femme / Womyn / Gender Non-Conforming / Non-binary people of all ages and backgrounds. The Women & Biking Program works to encourage this identified group of people to incorporate bicycling into their lives and increase their representation. By opening the discussion about our lived experiences and challenges, we can assess how to better provide support and resources to ride bikes in Pittsburgh.
Making Bicycling Accessible for Pittsburgh Women
Check out the great resources below, and learn more about our Women & Biking events!
In 2018 we will host four to six women-only classes and workshops.
All classes require registration. Stay tuned for updates!
- Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 (Location: Bike Pittsburgh office, 6PM – 8PM)
- Sunday April 8, 2018 (East Liberty 1 PM – 4 PM; the day after the Women & Biking forum) Select the “Next-Day Confident City Cycling Class Only” ticket if you do not plan on attending the Forum.
- Saturday July 21, 2018 (Location: REI South Side, 1PM – 4PM)
Bike Maintenance 1 + Fix-a-Flat:
- Wednesday May 30th, 2018 (Location: REI South Side, 6PM – 8PM)
- Wednesday July 18th, 2018 (Location: REI South Side, 6PM – 8PM)
Winter Biking What-to-Wear
- Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 (Location: Bike Pittsburgh office, 6PM – 8PM)
Local Women’s Bicycling Groups
- Black Girls Do Bike
- Pittsburgh Babes on Bikes
- Female Off Road Cyclists
- Salt ‘N’ Pedal
- Pittsburgh Women’s Cycling
- Free Ride Pittsburgh: Women & Queer Nite