* WMNBikePGH Rides & Meetups Postponed
After careful consideration, BikePGH has decided postpone WMNBikePGH rides and in-person meetups in accordance with the CDC’s public health recommendations surrounding COVID-19. As we’re following the latest COVID-19 developments, we are prioritizing the health and safety of our event participants.
We believe it is essential for us to continue to foster what sense of community we can during this uncertain time, and we will keep you updated as we plan future events.
Thank you for being a part of our WMNBikePGH community.
BikePGH’s Women and Non-Binary Program is inclusive of trans and cis women, intersex people, non-binary, genderqueer, agender and gender variant folks, as well as those whose gender identity falls outside of the dominant conceptions of gender. The program encourages conversation and provides spaces to come together over biking, advocacy and related topics while increasing representation of people who have historically marginalized gender identities.
We aim to create a safer space where people can speak and move freely expressing themselves authentically without added fear of microaggressions and discrimination due to gender and expression. Join our WMNBikePGH Facebook Group to stay in the loop about upcoming meetups!
WMNBikePGH Coffee Meetups
Join us for coffee, it’s on the house!
Every fourth Wednesday from January-November, we meet at a different coffee shop near the city. These meetups encourage conversation around biking, advocacy and related topics while increasing representation of people who have historically marginalized gender identities.
By opening the discussion about our lived experiences and challenges, we can assess how to better provide support and resources to ride bikes and increase mobility in Pittsburgh.
Schedule of Events
- January 22 @ 8:00 am-9:00 am at Everyday Cafe – RSVP on Facebook
- February 26 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Zeke’s Coffee – RSVP on Facebook
- March 25 @ 8:00am-9:00am at De Fer Coffee & Tea – RSVP on Facebook
- April 22 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Gasoline St Coffee Co – RSVP on Facebook
- May 27 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Commonplace Coffee (Northside) – RSVP on Facebook
- June 24 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Adda Coffee & Tea House (Shadyside) – RSVP on Facebook
- July 22 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Redhawk Coffee – RSVP on Facebook
- August 26 @ 8:00am-9:00am at KLVN Coffee Lab – RSVP on Facebook
- September 23 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Adda Coffee & Tea House (Northside) – RSVP on Facebook
- October 28 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Big Dog Coffee – RSVP on Facebook
- November 25 @ 8:00am-9:00am at Constellation Coffee – RSVP on Facebook
WMNBikePGH Bike Rides
If you’ve been waiting for the chance to get active on two wheels with a group of friendly and welcoming bicyclists, these monthly rides are the perfect opportunity. Join us for a no-drop, 10-mile bike ride around Pittsburgh with BikePGH’s Women and Non-Binary Program!
Every ride will have a leader, caboose and ride marshal support
Date: Every Third Thursday from April-October
Time: Meet at 6:00pm, pedal at 6:15pm
Location: Rides have the same start and end location – Schenley Plaza, near The Porch
Requirements: We recommend front and rear bike lights and a helmet to attend this ride. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to borrow a Healthy Ride bike or lights. Be sure to do a bike safety check before heading out with the ABC Quick Check.
Schedule of Events
- April 16 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- May 21 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- June 18 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- July 16 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- August 20 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- September 17 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook
- October 15 @ 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Schenley Plaza – RSVP on Facebook